What personal information about customers does charles-spencer.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information you give us
We receive and store any information you provide on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
We automatically receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us, such as information about your use, including your interaction with content and services available on our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses charles-spencer.com and other content served by or on behalf of charles-spencer.com on other websites.
Information from other sources
We might receive information about you from other sources.
For What Purposes does charles-spencer.com Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide and improve charles-spencer.com and the services that we offer to our customers.
These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to facilitate the processing of payments and communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot and improve charles-spencer.com. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors and improve usability and effectiveness of charles-spencer.com.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalise your experience with charles-spencer.com.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect information from sellers regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to charles-spencer.com and the services we offer via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, our sellers, charles-spencer.com and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
What about cookies?
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content and provide other customised features and services.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve charles-spencer.com’ content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on charles-spencer.com’ sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
- Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of charles-spencer.com’ essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to proceed to checkout or use any charles-spencer.com products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Does charles-spencer.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we’re not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others.
Buying on charles-spencer.com
If you purchase products via the charles-spencer.com website, we will transmit your personal data to the respective contractual partner for the purpose of processing the contract.
Third-Party Service Providers
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include, sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payment card payments and providing customer service. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. They are obliged to treat your data according to this Privacy Notice and the relevant data protection legislation.
Protection of charles-spencer.com and others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of charles-spencer.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How secure is information about me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
charles-spencer.com is an online marketplace. charles-spencer.com does not provide any personal information directly to advertisers or third party advertising partners. Currently, we use third party-placed tracking pixels, web plugins and cookies from advertising partners including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Please contact Facebook, Instagram and Twitter directly for more information about their privacy practices.
Which information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, shipping destinations, payment options, profile information and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What choices do I have?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of charles-spencer.com features such as the shopping basket. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
You have the right to access, update and modify your personal data and to object to its processing. You can exercise this right by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time you may ask us to stop sending you commercial email by sending your request to email@example.com. Also, each commercial email we send to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email.
When you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct and delete your personal data and to ask for data portability in a commonly used and machine readable format. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
Are children allowed to use charles-spencer.com?
If you’re under 18, you may use charles-spencer.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of charles-spencer.com, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to and to improve the relevancy of products and services we recommend.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at charles-spencer.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
You provide information when you
- search for products or services;
- place an order;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one when shopping with us);
- offer your products through charles-spencer.com;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a competition entry form.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); emails to us; information and documents regarding identity and standing; corporate and financial information; credit history information; and VAT numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet;
- login, email address and password;
- computer, device and connection information such as device application or browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as lists of bestselling items;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/or content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include credit history information from our affiliates and credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access at charles-spencer.com include
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications and personalised preferences, address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information);